STATE COLLEGE, Pa. – A group of Mansfield University voice students competed and took home several awards at the Allegheny Mountain Chapter of the National Association of Teaching of Singing (NATS) student auditions November 2 at Penn State University. A total of approximately 150 students from around Pennsylvania competed in categories ranging from high school to graduate school. Nineteen students from Mansfield competed.
Each of the students studies voice with Dr. Todd Ranney, Mr. Jordan Schreiner, or Dr. Alissa Rose. The top three winners in each category were featured in a final concert at the end of the auditions. All students received comment sheets from the judges, who are voice teachers and NATS members. These auditions are a great opportunity for the students to get feedback about their singing, hear other students from around the area, and be exposed to a wide variety of repertoire. NATS is the largest association of teachers of singing in the world, with members in more than twenty-five countries, and the student auditions are one of the major activities of each NATS chapter.
- Alexandra Fisher (First Year College Women)
- Zachary Floray (First Year College Men)
- Skylar Marcen (Second Year College Women
- Matthew Merolla (Second Year College Men)
- Seth Shields (Second Year College Men)
- Lilia Lopez (Third Year College Women)
- Rosemary Wargo (Fourth/Fifth Year College Women)
Molly Cerep (Fourth/Fifth Year College Women)